Saturday, November 10, 2007

Stella Stories



One night, Stella woke up with something terrible bothering her. I rocked, walked, held and cuddled her as long as it took for her to calm down. She is very intense, but this was unusual behavior for her. Looking back, I think it may have been a night terror. It was so sad to see her that upset. But eventually, she did clam down, so I could hold her and reassure her that she was ok, and of course, she slept with us the rest of the night. Now, Peter will often be the one to get the kids in the middle of the night, but on this particular night, I was the one who stayed up. The next morning after Peter had gone to work, I asked her,"Stella, did you sleep with mama last night?" She looked at me with a big smile and said, "No. Papa!"
She is such a Papa's girl! It is the cutest thing. And Dominic of course is Peter's greatest fan. He wants, and often tries, to do everything his Papa does. Stella sometimes gets so offended when Peter and Dominic are doing something that does not include her. For example, last weekend, Peter got to bring a Humvee home from work! The kids had a blast! Especially Dominic. When Peter took Dominic out for a ride first, Stella stood at the door crying for him. Then she went and got her coat so she could be all ready for when it was her turn!
Stella was a "dee bug" (lady bug) for Halloween this year. For awhile, when she would see a picture of a lady bug she would look at me questioningly, and pointing to the picture would say, "dat della?"(is that Stella?).
She loves shoes and dressing up in hats and scarves! Also, she has recently discovered that she likes to push her dolls and stuffed animals ("doddies") around in a stroller. However, I had to laugh today when I saw that she had put her favorite white dress shoes in the stroller instead, and was pushing them around!
My mom put nail polish on her toes the other day. She loves looking at her toes now, and every time I tell her how pretty they look she'll remind me, "Nonnie di dat" (Nonnie did that)!
She is such a wonderful little girl. She has such character and is just as cute and pretty as can be! She is also the most snuggly child I have ever known! It doesn't matter where she is, if she feels like snuggling and she's not being held by someone, she'll lay down right then and there, and snuggle with the floor! I just can't get over how sweet she is. I love watching her grow and seeing that adorable personality coming out. She continues to amaze me everyday!

1 comment:

Marie Fidero said...

I love the stories about your kiddos! I hope to have a little snuggler like Stella! We dont know what we are having yet....I can hardly wait until the baby is born to find out!

How are you and your baby?